In a global economy of intense competition and accelerating technical change, industry leaders must maintain an edge. At K-State, your company will have:
- Area partners who share a commitment to excellence, innovation and service
- Talented K-State students who are workforce ready
- State-of-the-art facilities
- A high quality of life in Manhattan, Kansas
Drive innovation and profitability for your company at K-State.
Expert faculty conduct crucial research in the university's more than 90 research centers. State of the art facilities support the multi-disciplined research needs of both established and emerging private and public organizations.
Securing and prudently managing private gifts in support of Kansas State University, and fostering a culture that unites philanthropic desires with university priorities.
Dedicated to supporting high-growth enterprises and enabling the commercialization of university and under-utilized corporate intellectual property portfolios.
A one-stop shop to help corporations navigate university resources and identify opportunities to enhance university relationships.
Tap into this exceptional pool that includes students from:
- 250 undergraduate academic programs
- 110 graduate academic programs
- Fort Riley’s transitioning military personnel
“This is a win-win for Kansas State University and AvaTekh. Our students get an opportunity to work on industry-relevant research problems, while AvaTekh gets an opportunity to tap the knowledge base at the university to further enhance its intellectual capital."
Bala Natarajan, K-State professor of electrical and computer engineering
About Manhattan, Kansas
The Little Apple®. One look and you can tell we're ripe for growth yours and ours. We say that because no other location can offer more of what matters to your growing company.
First, there's financial support in the form of investment capital and incentives. When it comes to research, Kansas State University leads the nation in many key areas to include a constantly renewing pool of top young talent. We have the facilities and the people you're looking for. Your business will also benefit from a regional infrastructure made up of some of the strongest and most diverse companies in the world.
Finally, that strength and diversity carries over to the city and the people of Manhattan, voted "One of the 50 Best Places to Live" in the United States. To coordinate these assets and make them accessible to select business owners and professionals, we've created KBED, Manhattan's Knowledge Based Economic Development partnership. We're committed to doing everything necessary so you'll pick Manhattan to succeed in your area of expertise.
Locating your company at K-State opens a variety of opportunities that most companies don’t have access to.
- The Manhattan campus partners with the U.S. Armed Forces in the first-of-its-kind Office of Military and Veterans Affairs.
- The Polytechnic campus in Salina, Kansas, is the first entity in the country to receive approval from the Federal Aviation Administration to provide unmanned aircraft system (UAS) commercial flight training to both students and outside companies.
- The Global Campus has brought affordable, accessible educational options to adult learners at a distance for 50 years, featuring international connections and partnerships with 20 countries across the globe.
On top of that, year-round internships with students working on real-world projects can help you accelerate innovation and reduce costs. Student interns also help solve problems in a new way, allowing you to connect your products with a younger audience.
"We usually have summer internships where students work fulltime on a project, and what we've found is that at the end of the summer, we wanted to keep them working. So by having an office close to the campus, students could still work part-time while they were going to school, allowing us to keep their involvement on our projects."
Jeff Kacirek, Software Engineering Manager, Garmin